These days, many people are interested in utilizing microblading services. If this is the case for you, now is the time to learn as much as possible about this cosmetic process. One thing to remember is that the use of permanent makeup will entail a need for aftercare procedures. Learn more about them by reviewing the following outline:
Permanent Makeup Recovery: Secrets And Strategies
Once you have your 3D brows applied, it’s important to keep them dry for the following ten days. Keeping your brows dry will ensure that they retain detail, crisper strokes, and better color. Below you’ll find several tips and tricks that will help optimize your aftercare process:
- For the first two or three days your brows will appear darker due to oxidation of the pigments. This is normal and the overall tone will lighten over the following week.
- When you take a shower, make sure that your face is not being hit by the shower stream. Also make sure that you wash your hair carefully. Be sure that you’re also keeping your face dry. Additionally, you should keep clean paper towels with you so that you can pat your eyebrows dry if they become moist. Also keep your showers short given that excess steam can adversely impact your newly styled brows.
- When it’s time to wash your face, don’t splash water onto it as you usually would. Instead, use a disposable cleansing wipe or washcloth to clean around your brow area. Make sure your brows remain dry during this point.
- Oftentimes, purchasing the right products is the key to having success with your permanent makeup ventures. This is certainly the case when it comes to aftercare for your 3D brows. One product you should make use of is blotting paper. Make sure that the blotting paper is free of harmful chemicals and additives. Use the blotting paper 3 times a day if you have normal skin. If your skin is oily, you should use the blotting paper 6 times a day. Apply the paper directly on top of the brows.
- Avoid the use of cosmetics on the brow area. While this may be difficult, keeping cosmetics away from your brows for a minimum of 10 days is imperative. If you find that your skin begins to feel a bit dry or tight prior to the 10 day period, you can apply a tiny amount of moisturizer like Cetaphil to the area. You can also use coconut oil to deal with dryness. Make sure you use as little of the product as you can.
- Avoid sweating for the first 10 days after the procedure. Using this tip is imperative if you want to retain detail and color. Thus any activity that could induce substantive perspiration-including exercise-must be omitted during your recovery period.
- After the first ten days of aftercare, you can resume washing your face as you normally would. This includes the brow areas. Use a fragrance-free moisturizer such as Cetaphil to clean your face.
What To Expect While Healing From Your Permanent Makeup Procedure
Once the procedure is complete, the affected area will look bolder and darker in color. It will also be more sharply defined. Additionally, the area may have a filled in appearance. These changes can last for up to seven days following the treatment. Also note that the impacted area may make you feel as if you’re experiencing a sunburn. However, the redness and discomfort should be minor.
As the healing process takes place, you may experience peeling, flaking, or scabbing to the skin. If this takes place, do not touch or pick at the affected area. Instead, allow the dry skin and scabs to fall away on their own. This step is immensely important because if the scabs come off early, the pigmentation will come off, too.
Note that the healing process will typically take from 4 to 6 weeks. After this period is over, the true color will become evident. Throughout the healing phase, the tattoo will lighten and soften.
Once you realize that microblading is for you, it’s important to learn as much as possible regarding how to properly care for your skin once you’ve undergone the procedure. Review the information and advice outlined above and check out this Ultimate Guide to ensure that your microblading experience is a profoundly positive, productive one!